Welcome to my Demon's Souls PS5 gallery! I am proud to have worked on such a groundbreaking title -- alongside a team with the utmost in ingenuity, attention to detail, and craftsmanship. Special Thanks to the FX and Tech Art teams who made these areas come to life.
Astraea's cave was particularly fun and challenging to re-imagine. It is an emotional touchstone for many players, strangely beautiful but no less wretched. Our fantastic FX and Materials teams made the giant falls, and I enjoyed creating the blood pool materials and manipulating them into the "oozing" blood falls across the rocks...
My responsibilities were:
- re-composing scenes to make sense out of block geometry, and creating dramatic compositions and focal points
- modeling out a new environment shell and structures
- sculpting and blend map painting terrain and walls
- applying destruction and wear and tear
- world building scenes with foliage, natural and architectural kit pieces
- creating water sims and shaders unique to each area
Mark Skelton - Art Director https://www.artstation.com/madmanmark
Christian De Los Santos - Environment Lead https://www.artstation.com/csantos
Arvin Villapando - Materials Artist artstation.com/arvinmoses
Myriah Higgins - Lighting Artist https://www.artstation.com/mhiggins
Jarrod Hollar - Rock Kit Sculpts https://www.artstation.com/jhollar
Willow Hermoso - Kit Sculpts https://www.artstation.com/hermosoleonard